AGD has launched the AGD Public Sector Finance Award with Singapore Management University (SMU) in 2016. The award is open to outstanding full-time Singaporean undergraduates from the School of Accountancy in SMU.
The purpose of the Award is to motivate and recognize the University’s exceptional students in the School of Accountancy and spur them to greater heights of academic excellence.
This award aims to promote students to become well-rounded in the accounting field. It will provide recognition for an outstanding second year student in the Bachelor of Accountancy program at SMU’s School of Accountancy.
- Second year Singaporean undergraduate at the SMU’s School of Accountancy.
- Completed at least four of the following accounting core subjects:
- Accounting Information Systems
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Accounting Thought and Practice
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Audit and Assurance
- Intermediate Finance Accounting
- Scored a cumulative GPA of at least 3.7.
- Demonstrates the core values of Integrity, Service and Excellence
- Demonstrates leadership potential and active co-curricular pursuits.
- Outstanding community service contributions to the Singapore community.
- Students who satisfy the above criteria and are doing double degree programmes (one of which must be Accountancy) will be considered favourably.
- The Award recipient must not have any disciplinary issues or a disciplinary record with the University in respect of behavior involving dishonesty or moral turpitude.
- The Award recipient will undergo a ten-week internship programme at AGD during the third year of the undergraduate study.
No. of Awards
- 1 Award will be granted per academic year for 5 academic years, from AY2015/2016 to AY2019/2020.
Value of Award
- Each Award is S$3,000 and tenable only for the academic year in which it is awarded.